Tuesday, July 31, 2007

#15

I think that Library 2.0 has many benefits. However, after reading all 5 of the perspectives, the part that I think all these technologically savvy people are forgetting is the HUMAN aspect. I think we human beings that work in the library are becoming even important because we are going from large "paper" collections into an age of people being able to just type a few keys and access information on the computer...but it's even more gianormous and confusing than learning how to look up call numbers! And I for one don't think it's necessarily better! I've found that through all these new technologies, I'm more confused than ever. It's highly unorganized and seemingly unmediated and therefore even more difficult to locate what you are looking for. I think it's going to be more important to have a human being to turn to to say, "help!" when the avalanche of useless information buries you.

No comments: